Real estate | Phoenix | Scottsdale | Luxury Homes| affordable homes | investment property | Gilbert | Mesa | Chandler | Tempe | Housing | Real Estate agents | French | German | Arizona | Farsi | Fountain Hills | Paradise Valley | Tuscon |
Flagstaff | Prescott | Land | Condos | commericial | Glendale | Peoria | Buckeye | Maricopa County | Sun City | Queen Creek | Sedona | Higley | Avondale | Surprise | Lithchfield Park | Buying | Selling | Mansion | Villas | Relocating |
Buying a home is one of the most important purchases most people will make. In order to make the right decision the first time, potential buyers need to be prepared. Consider the following before starting negotiations:
• Be prepared
Research the housing market in the target area. Once you have information about the general area, focus on the particular property and seller. Look for answers to questions such as:
1. Why is the homeowner selling? (If they're moving because they find the area undesirable, you might want to consider this issue.)
2. How long has the home been on the market? (If it has been on the market for a long time, perhaps there are negative facts about the property that you need to know.)
3. How much did the seller pay for the home compared to the current asking price? (If the seller paid more, find out why. Was it a general real estate trend, or did property values in that particular neighborhood go down?)
4. What is the seller's time frame for selling and moving? Does it fit within your needs?
5. Are there any defects in the home or problems with the surrounding neighborhood?
Do not let the seller see how much you want the property. If you appear desperate or overly enthusiastic, the seller then has the stronger bargaining position. When meeting with the seller or listing agent, keep your emotions in check.
• Establish a Timeline
Find out if the seller needs to have the sale closed sooner rather than later. If the seller is feeling pressured to sell, use that to your advantage in negotiating. Even if you, the buyer, are the one with the deadline for purchasing a home, don't let yourself be rushed into making concessions or a purchase you may regret later.
Realtor for Phoenix Home Buyers
(480) 332 5220
Tips if you are buying a home:
Please send us your info and we will send you some free upto date listings as well as created a personal website to search your dream home, just for you!
NEW!!! Please download my free app for even better search while in the Phoenix area: